Sunday, September 29, 2013

Siva Linga Stone Replicas - Fall 2013 Castings Update

Been casting these as time permits. Unfortunately it looks like it's time for this mold to retire so I'll probably need to produce a new one, or repair the existing one. I'll try the latter first. This couldn't have happened at a worse time (Halloween is approaching fast and that means other projects). I guess I can't complain too much as this one mold has been THE single mold I've been using ever since I've produced these, so it's had quite a bit of mileage, mostly due to the simple and relatively smooth surface (the more abrasive and complex the form, the more stress on the mold).

In the meantime, here are the castings I have so far. Not pictured are an additional 3 that have base coats on.


As I've said before, due to several requests, I'm making these high priority on my work bench. Having that said, these to take some time to produce. If it seems agonizingly slow... it is! There's only one mold so they are cast one at a time... and it's just me and my two hands doing these. What I wouldn't give to be an octopus right now.

Stay tuned for further updates.