Saturday, October 19, 2013

Miscellaneous Projects...

While cleaning up my work area I was pouring in some plaster out of a bag and into a waterproof bucket, in the process releasing quite the cloud of airborne dust so I had to run and get my window fan to vent the debris out. Then I thought, "ah what the heck... let me get the hot knife out and carve some foam." When melted, XPS foam releases a pretty nasty aroma so the window fan is a must. So I began working on some quick, on-the-fly projects. One of them was something I've been meaning to get to for a while.


A while back I ought this nifty replica of the "One Ring of Sauron" from The Lord of the Rings. I had no way of properly displaying it so I had it stashed away. But not anymore...



Finally got the ol' hot knife out and carved me a foam rocky base. The case is one of those cheap photo cubes you can get at any arts and crafts store. I'll be fashioning a label card for it eventually so it looks more like a museum piece, and not the cheap ring that it really was.

I also got to making this...


As I'll be handing out candy this Halloween as Captain Jack Sparrow I figured the front door needed a centerpiece.




This will also fit right into my pirate themed man cave!